About This Project
With dscout, and its sub-brand People Nerds, I had the opportunity to build a content strategy from the ground up—redefining the brands, establishing editorial guidelines, steering publication goals, and managing a small team of contractors (writers, editors, and social media strategists).
A few challenges I’ve tackled:
- Synthesizing user and audience interviews to draft user personas and determine key “jobs-to-be done”
- Mapping quarterly content calendars to audience desires and target keywords
- Increasing blog post, webinar, and social distribution frequency from “occasionally” to “consistently”
- Managing and executing a full-scale website rewrite (launching November 2020)
- Unifying brand voice and tone, and ensuring their consistency through every stage of the marketing lifecycle
- Launching an evergreen nurturing email flow to shorten the time-to-purchase for new email subscribers
- Writing pillar pages, sales enablement, in-platform UX copy, landing page copy—and providing art direction for written collateral.
- Launching a slack community with 1000+ members
The results we’ve seen:
- 1,026% increase in yearly blog traffic
- 108.49% increase in new contacts